Sunday, September 25, 2011

It Has Been A Long Hot Summer

Today my wife and I went to Yuba City, California to celebrate my birthday with our grandson Miles and son Wayne. We enjoyed what may be our last visit with Miles before we depart northern California.


Wayne and Miles spent a number of weekends camped at our host site this summer. This was extra special because before this February we had only seen Miles once before.


Anyway, I was waxing nostalgic about how this has been a good experience, camp hosting for the first time, my dear wife (DW) not completely agreeing. We pull up to the motor home, I set up the stair rail for the DW, and she says look at the double rainbow. Thus the photograph. Is it a sign? I don't know, this is the first rain in a long time, or at least it seems that way, it has been so hot for so long (to us).


Anyway it was a very nice day today, a lot cooler, a little rain, time with Miles and Wayne, all topped off with a double rainbow.


Our motor home is not a pot of gold, but it is a nice abode.


No comments:

Post a Comment