Monday, February 27, 2006

It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is.

I have always wanted to make some kind of editorial comment about this infamous quote, but I will save that for another day.

What is the definition of full-timing with some sort of disability? For that matter, what about RVing or camping with a disability? Don't each of us make adjustments every day to deal with things that come easier for others?

So a motor home over a 5th wheel is just one of our adjustments. Many FT in a motor home, probably more than 40%. Now it will be more convenient to make frequent moves with shorter stays, so motor homers contend.

We had decided on the general floor plan in a 5er. That is one of the reasons we chose a fifth wheel, trailers and motor homes are just different when it comes to floor plans. And, we liked the 5ers better.

- for me it all began . . .

When we were little boys my brother and I would plan how we would go off and live in the woods without the mess or annoyance of girls. I guess we changed some.

I have since decided I'm not cut out to be a “mountain man”, or to live without girls, or for that matter, plumbing and electricity. But the allure of being less encumbered draws me. My feet itch when I've lived in one place for too long, yet I hate moving.

What better way to move, then to not to have to pack and unpack for your moves. Thus an RV!

More will come in: for me it all began (2) . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment